Green Tips From Your Memphis Electrical Contractor & Electricians
Welcome to Green Electrical Tips! Join us on a journey in learning about going green and reducing environmental impact in the home, at work and in business. Above and Beyond Electric Company, Inc. wants to give some free tips and articles to turn your place green.
Help Save Our Planet
As part of Above and Beyond’s effort to make the world a little better place, we have started a new quest: to become the first “green” electricians in Memphis. Through this journey, we’ve learned that small acts can lead to big improvements. You don’t have to be a Nobel prize winner to make an impact.
We invite you to join us in our pursuit of reducing environmental impact. The following free tips, news and articles are a great way to learn about easily Go Green. Watch for new information each month.
Help Us Recycle
OK, admit it. We all have them. Somewhere back in the deepest recesses of our . . . closets, there's an old VCR you just don't have the heart to throw away or that turntable you've been keeping around since the '70s. Well it's time to man (or woman) up, take a deep breath and get rid of it. And thanks to us, it will be easier for you and better for the planet. We are in the midst of creating a new program, where our technicians will be accepting old electronics and light bulbs for recycling. Send us your e-mail address and we’ll notify you when the program begins.
Hot off the Press
Our company president, Nathan Harmeier, was recently accepted into the local chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council. The council is a non-profit community of leaders working to make green building available to everyone within a generation.
- Florescent light bulbs: The installation of more energy efficient fluorescent bulbs is perhaps the easiest and most cost effective tip there is. It is true that there is a large initial cost per new bulb, but the truth of the matter is that you will see the decrease in your energy bill within the first month of use.
- Make sure to turn off all lights, appliances, computers, and other electrical equipment when not in use during the day, and especially at night.
- Programmable thermostats: An easy and effective way to regulate and manage the temperature of your house.
- Switch to renewable energy: The growing availability of wind, water, solar and other green-energy sources means consumers can enjoy pollution-free power in their homes at affordable prices.
- Buying new appliances, try to pay attention to ensure that you buy the most energy efficient appliances on the market.
- Green Living Through LED Home Lighting
More and more home, apartment and office owners are looking for ways to go green. The benefits not only improve the quality of our environment, but they also make for significant tax deductions at the end of the year. As energy efficiency is becoming more prevalent in...[read more]
- 9 Tips For How To Live Green On A Budget
Living green is a great aim. But if you're not a millionaire, the usual question is how to live green on a budget? [read more]